Monday, May 14, 2012

motivation monday: attack of the dust bunnies

This week, as part of my quest to reorganize the closet, I had to resort to cleaning out the space under the bed.


"Why?" you ask.  Why on earth would I subject myself to that kind of pain? Why would anyone voluntarily submit themselves to the wrath of the Dust Bunnies?


Well, the answer is simple: the comforter taking up all the space on the top shelf of the closet had to find a new home. Which meant that it had to go under the bed.  


The space under the bed hadn't been cleaned in a while (don't tell my mother), so I figured I might as well tackle that, too, while I had the motivation.  


So, last Friday, I put on shorts and got down to business.  


First stop: The Container Store.  Do any of you love this store as much as I do? They have all the organization products you could ever want wrapped up in one tiny store.  I was on a mission for a way to store the blanket, and I found the perfect thing: the blanket bag.

  
(click image to see product)


One planned purchase and one un-planned purchase later, I had my solution to The Comforter Problem.  I was able to fit the entire fluffy comforter/duvet-filler thing into the small bag!


I trekked home, pulled every single thing out from under the bed, tackled it with my fake swiffer (it has a cloth pad that I can wash and reuse!), wiped off the tops of containers, and put everything back neatly. Only took me about an hour! Hah.


Step one of closet reorganization complete! And, as a bonus, I finally got the space under the bed cleaned!


Perhaps my sense of accomplishment at completing this one task will spur me to complete all the others I'm working on. Maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment