Thursday, May 31, 2012

how-to: hanging map

I have a new project to share with you!  It's a map on corkboard!

I'm actually very proud of this one.  I did this project as a sort of present to both the future hubby and I.  It was his birthday, but we've both been wanting to have this. 

Not only was the result fun, but this was easy to make.  

Supplies I used: 
antique-looking map (I ordered one from Amazon when I couldn't find one in stores.)
Mod Podge
foam brush (for the Mod Podge)
corkboard (I found a framed corkboard at the Container Store.)




FYI: The hanging corkboard I used from The Container Store was already framed.  I couldn't remove the framing because of their design, so I ended up having to get creative and trim the sides of the map a little.  Then I slid the edges under the framing. 

Directions? It's easy! I placed the map on the corkboard, used some ModPodge to hold down the corners, and let it dry!



Voila!

I also picked up some little map pins, and we had so much fun pinning places.  We have different colors for places we've been separately and places we've both been to. 

Now, we just need to find a place on the wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment