Monday, April 9, 2012

doily magic

Call me old fashioned, but I actually really enjoy thread crochet.  You know those lacy things that aren't quite lace?  Those doilies that your grandmother used to have around the house?  Yes.  I enjoy making those.  There's something satisfying about using your hands on a project and having it beautify your space at the same time.  I can place doilies and things under vases, on tables.  I can also use them as small presents for someone I know will enjoy it.

On that note, I found a new pattern I love!  This doily takes much less time to make.  It takes less than 5 hours to make this smaller doily. Which is lovely.  I got so enthusiastic, I made three!

I'm also working on a much bigger, pineapple doily that I'll share later, but these 10" doilies are cute that I had to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment